When you opt for AirTV Extra IPTV subscription, you’ll have access to three types of EPGs: Grid EPGs, Classic EPGs, and Normal EPGs. The Grid EPG mimics the standard layout of cable TV guides. This guide will walk you through using it on the AirTV Extra App.
What is Grid EPG
Grid EPG” is an abbreviation for “Grid Electronic Program Guide.” It’s an on-screen guide that furnishes details about TV program schedules, movies, or other video content. This type of EPG presents the schedule in a grid layout, where rows signify specific time slots and columns represent individual channels. This format enables users to effortlessly navigate the schedule and locate the content they wish to view.
How to use EPG Grid on AirTV IPTV
The default TV Guide format for the AirTV App is Normal EPG. Follow these steps to switch to a Grid EPG for your IPTV subscription.
- Open the AirTV App.
- Navigate to the home screen and click on “Settings.”
- Choose “Grid EPG” in the Channel List Mode.
- Go to the live channel, click OK and you will see that TV Guide has switched to Grid EPG.
Why does my IPTV subscription not have a Grid EPG?
The AirTV App offers different features as you subscribe to different IPTV packages and install and use them on different devices. See the table below for details.
|AirTV App (STB Version)
|AirTV App (PAD Version)
|AirTV Extra App (STB Version)
|AirTV Extra App (PAD Version)
|Sub-Device App (STB Version)
|Sub-Device App (PAD Version)
What is a Grid EPG and how does it work?
A Grid Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is an on-screen guide that provides information about the schedule of television programs, movies, or other video content. The EPG displays the program schedule in a grid format, with each row representing a specific time slot and each column representing a particular channel. This allows users to easily browse the schedule and find the programming they want to watch.
To use a Grid EPG, viewers typically access the guide through their TV or set-top box. The EPG can be navigated using a remote control or another input device, and users can select a program to learn more about it or tune directly to that channel. Some Grid EPGs also allow users to search for programs by title, genre, or other criteria and may include additional information such as descriptions, ratings, and reviews. The information in a Grid EPG is typically updated regularly by the TV provider, ensuring that the guide always displays the most up-to-date schedule information.
How is a Grid EPG different from other types of EPGs?
A Grid EPG is different from other types of Electronic Program Guides (EPGs) in a number of ways, including the format in which the program schedule is displayed and the level of detail provided about each program.
1. Format: The defining feature of a Grid EPG is its grid format, in which each row represents a specific time slot and each column represents a particular channel. Other types of EPGs may use a list format, a calendar view, or another layout, but the grid format of a Grid EPG is designed to be easy to navigate and quickly provide an overview of the program schedule.
2. Level of Detail: While Grid EPGs may display basic information about each program, such as the title and start time, other types of EPGs may provide additional details such as descriptions, cast and crew information, ratings, and reviews.
3. Personalization: Some EPGs, such as those that use artificial intelligence or machine learning, can be personalized to a user’s viewing habits and preferences. This allows the EPG to highlight programs that the viewer is likely to be interested in. Grid EPGs, on the other hand, typically do not have this level of personalization.
4. Integration with Other Services: Some EPGs can integrate with other services, such as streaming services or home automation systems, providing a more comprehensive and convenient viewing experience. Grid EPGs may not have this level of integration.
5. Search Functionality: Some EPGs have robust search functionality, making it easy for users to find specific programs or genres. Grid EPGs may have limited search capabilities.
In conclusion, while a Grid EPG provides a simple and straightforward way to view the schedule of television programs, other types of EPGs may offer additional features and benefits, depending on the needs and preferences of the viewer.
How do I access a Grid EPG on my TV or set-top box?
Accessing a Grid Electronic Program Guide (EPG) on your TV or set-top box will depend on the specific device you are using. Here are some common steps to access a Grid EPG:
1. Subscription AirTV IPTV.
2. Install AirTV App or AirTV Extra App.
3. Open the App, Select Grid EPG at the bottom of the home screen to access it on your Android TV box.
In conclusion, now that you’ve learned how to access the Grid EPG (TV Guide) on AirTV Extra, you have a powerful tool at your disposal for effortless program navigation and scheduling. Enjoy a seamless viewing experience with the convenience of this feature. Explore the wide array of content at your fingertips and make the most of your entertainment time. Happy streaming!